Medical Office Database ERD
A small medical office needs a database system designed. The design starts with a visualized conceptualization carried by an entity-relationship diagram (ERD). Create this ERD by completing the following steps:
- Identify all involved in the database system so your ERD accurately “captures” the entire process, actors, and relationships (e.g., staff, patients, suppliers, carriers, etc.).
- Identify and list entities and attributes for each entity.
- Make sure you designate an attribute to serve as a primary key per each entity. Explain why that attribute “deserves” to be designated a primary key.
- Briefly define business rules. (Example: One patient can’t schedule more than one appointment at a time.)
It is important that you have a clear understanding of key concepts such as entity, attribute, primary key, foreign key, referential integrity, relationships, ERD, etc., before starting to work on the assignment.
Entity – Nurse
Attributes: Employee ID (Primary Key), Name, Address, DOB, SSN, License Number.
The ERD should be created using one of the following options:
- Draw using a free drawing tool available online, such as SmartDraw (Links to an external site.) or Lucid Chart (Links to an external site.).
- Draw using software you already own, such as Visio (Links to an external site.) or Argo UML (Links to an external site.).
- Draw by hand and take a snapshot with a camera.
It is not important how you draw the diagram, as long as it effectively conceptualizes the database system design and “captures” the system accurately. The diagram must be imported or inserted into a Word document and accompanied by an APA-formatted cover page. Review the rubric in the Module 3 folder for specific grading criteria.
The post MIS300 Colorado State Medical Office Dada Base Discussion appeared first on Submit Your Homework.
MIS300 Colorado State Medical Office Dada Base Discussion was first posted on December 1, 2020 at 11:13 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask your questions to our best tutors for quality and timely answers whenever you need. Learn fast and seek help from our solution library that grooms your concepts with over 500 courses. When you place an order with us, be sure that the content will be authentic and free from plagiarism. Moreover, we do make sure that the content is research-based!
From essays to dissertations, we have writing experts for all your assignment needs!